Based in Seattle, WA
March 13 2020
Roundguard is a bouncy dungeon crawler with pinball physics, lots of loot, and a randomized castle full of oddballs. Press your luck against hordes of dangerously cute monsters and challenging roguelike elements in this all-round bouncy adventure! If you love roguelikes & Peggle, then Roundguard is for you. Roundguard is made by Wonderbelly Games and published on consoles by the Quantum Astrophysicists Guild.
We bounced a few ideas off each other and got the ball rolling in March 2017. Drawing inspiration from the physics-based fun of Peggle, the strategy and surprise of classic roguelikes, and the quirky humor of Adventure Time and the Adventure Zone, we've created the bounciest "dungeon-baller" the world has ever seen.
- Bouncy Fun: Intuitive pinball physics based gameplay like no other dungeon crawler.
- Multiple Classes: Play as the Warrior, the Rogue, or the Wizard, each with their own unique skills, items, and bad jokes to roll your eyes at.
- Randomized Dungeon: Each time you play, the world map and every level are procedurally generated, and quest events and elite monsters are randomly placed. It’s a new experience every time.
- Permadeath with Benefits: Each time you die, you’ll have a chance to bring a special trinket with you on your next run to help even the odds. The more gold you grab before dying, the better your chances to collect one of the most powerful trinkets for your next run.
- A Cast of Oddballs: Chat with the castle’s colorful cast to pick up quests and learn why some rats want their king dead, what’s irritating the local teenage skeleton today, or what the Warrior will do if you can’t get to a bathroom quickly enough.
- Lots of Loot: Over 100 items and trinkets, each with effects that present strategic choices and combo possibilities. Rare and legendary items have randomly chosen bonus properties, so each one feels special.
- Show Off Your Skills: Compete on the leaderboards and try to master all the challenging, rule-bending relics.
Launch Announce Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Wondrous alchemy..." - Daniel Tack, Game Informer
- "Like Peggle had a baby with Diablo! It's an awesome dungeon-balling adventure!" - Jason Kapalka, Co-Founder of PopCap
- "As soon as my hit points ran out, I eagerly cued up my next character’s run... the Peggle formula is so enjoyable that it’s hard to believe we haven’t seen more attempts at this kind of translation into a roguelike structure." - Matt Miller, Game Informer
- "In Roundguard, you collect gold by breaking pots, burn mana to use special moves, grab equipment for passive bonuses, probably skip your next two meals, and eventually pass out at your keyboard at 1 a.m. . . . If they bring it to mobile devices, human civilization as we know it is in danger." - Thomas Wilde, GeekWire
- "The PAX 10" - PAX West, Seattle, 2018
- "First Place PC Pitch" - PG Connects, Seattle, 2019
- "Indie Awards Showcase Finalist" - MomoCon, Atlanta, 2019
- "Best Casual Game Award" - Dreamhack, Dallas, 2019
- "Indie MEGABOOTH Official Selection" - PAX West, Seattle, 2019
- "Day of the Devs Official Selection" - Day of the Devs, San Francisco, 2019
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Wonderbelly Games
Wonderbelly Games is a Seattle-based independent game studio made up of Andrea Roberts, Bob Roberts, and Kurt Loidl. They’re a tiny team of close friends who used to work on big AAA games: Bob led the design team on Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War, while Kurt and Andrea worked on the Fable series and more at Microsoft. Now they follow their hearts and their bellies to make games for you to gorge on or savor one bite at a time.
More information on Wonderbelly Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer / Artist
Design / Audio / Code